Easy Berry Scrolls
You Totally Got This
Fat juicy berries wrapped in a dough made with just yoghurt and milk. These berry scrolls are oh so easy AND completely delicious!
- 3 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 2 cups natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or vanilla powder
- 50 g butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs rice malt syrup or honey
- Preheat your oven to 180C/355F and line a shallow baking dish (I used a 28cm/11inch dish) with baking paper.
- Melt the butter. Set aside.
- Slice the strawberries (you can use other berries like raspberries and blueberries whole), then transfer the berries, rice malt syrup and cinnamon to a small bowl and stir until combined.
- Next, add the flour and yoghurt to a large bowl and mix until they come together to form a dough. Turn out onto a well-floured bench top and knead until the dough is smooth and holds its shape. This should only take a minute.
- Use a floured rolling pin to roll the dough into a rectangle about 1cm/half inch thick using your hands to help shape the dough if you need to. Brush the top of the dough with butter, reserving a little for the top of your scrolls. Finally, spread the berry mixture on top of the dough, leaving a 2cm border around the edge.
- Starting from the long side, use two hands to roll the dough into a long log. Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces and place them in the baking dish, touching side by side. If they don’t quite touch, squish them down using the palm of your hand. Brush the tops of the scrolls with the remaining butter.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and transfer to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a further 20-25 minutes until tops are golden and the scrolls are cooked through.