Easy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
The View From the Great Island
Easy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries ~ this classic spring and summer dessert is healthy and lots of fun to do. Use long stemmed strawberries and your favorite chocolate for a stunning treat.
enough coating for approx. 4 dozen small strawberries
- 2 pint good fresh ripe strawberries
- 2 cups (12 oz bag) white chips or white coating bark (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- assorted sprinkles
- Wash and dry your strawberries.
- Put the white chips or bark in a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup. Add the coconut oil, and microwave for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and let sit for 30 seconds. Stir until everything is smooth and melted. If necessary, microwave in very short bursts to melt it completely. Don't over heat!
- Set up a parchment or waxed paper covered surface to set your finished strawberries on. Dip each strawberry into the white coating and then lift out and allow the excess to run off. Once it stops streaming, sprinkle the sprinkles over the top side of the strawberry and set down gently to harden.
- Continue with all the strawberries. If the chocolate starts to thicken, re-microwave it for a few seconds.
- You can remove the berries from the parchment once they are completely firm, in approximately 15-20 minutes. Store in a single layer in the fridge.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island