Easy Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches
Fox Valley Foodie
These mouthwateringly easy Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches are piled high with tender beef and served with a rich au jus for dunking.
- 4 pounds beef roast ((rump roast for slicing or chuck roast for shredding))
- 1½ oz can beef consomme ((found by condensed soups))
- 1½ oz can condensed French onion soup
- 12 oz Guiness beer
- 1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt to taste
- 6 french rolls
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Add beef and all liquid/seasoning ingredients to the crock pot and set on high.
- If you prefer to slice the beef, cook 3-4 hours, then remove beef from crock pot while still slightly firm and slice very thinly.
- If you prefer shredded beef (easier), cook for 5 hours and shred with forks when tender, removing chunks of fat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove meat from crock pot, reserving juices, and pile meat on buns, topped with cheese.
- Bake buns in the oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted and buns warm.
- Serve immediately with reserved juices (au jus) for dipping.
View the recipe instructions at Fox Valley Foodie