Easy Mexican Salad
This chopped Mexican salad is the best easy side dish for tacos and enchiladas! It's topped with savory cilantro lime dressing and crunchy tortilla strips.
- 3 romaine hearts (chopped)
- 2 cups baby greens (like baby kale, optional)
- ¼ cup red onions (sliced, or pickled red onions)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 radishes
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (thawed)
- 1 handful roasted salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- cilantro lime (dressing)
- lime vinaigrette
- tortilla strips (crispy)
- Feta (crumbled)
- black beans
- If using, make the Crispy Tortilla Strips. Or, make them the day before and store in a sealed container in the pantry until serving.
- Cilantro Lime Dressing, Creamy Cilantro Dressing (pictured), or Lime Vinaigrette (simplest).
- Chop the romaine. Thinly slice the red onion (follow the instructions at 1:30 of this video). Slice tomatoes in half. Thinly slice the radishes. Defrost the corn. Prepare any other add-on veggies as appropriate. Add a sprinkle of salt on the tomatoes, radishes, and corn to lightly season them.
- Place the greens on the plate and top with the vegetables (and tortilla strips, if using). Top with the dressing and serve. If making in advance, refrigerate the components separately; bring the dressing to room temperature before serving.
View the recipe instructions at www.acouplecooks.com