Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle
The View From the Great Island
Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle makes a fantastic holiday gift!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup Spanish peanuts, roasted and lightly salted
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Set oven to its lowest setting.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone liner like silpat. You can also lightly butter the pan, or use a layer of nonstick foil. Put the pan in the oven to warm.
- Put the sugar and corn syrup in a large glass bowl. Stir to combine.
- Microwave (on full power) for 3 minutes, then stir. Microwave for another 3 minutes.
- Add the butter and peanuts and stir.
- Put back in the microwave for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the baking soda and vanilla.
- Quickly turn out the mixture onto the warmed baking sheet. Spread the candy out with a flat spreading knife (I buttered it lightly) as evenly and thinly as you can. Don't worry about getting it symmetrical or neat.
- Let the candy sit until completely cool and hard, maybe 30 minutes or so, and then remove from the pan and break into pieces.
- Store the candy in cellophane bags.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island