Easy No Bake White Chocolate Thin Mints
The View From the Great Island
Easy No Bake White Chocolate Thin Mints ~ just four simple ingredients is all it takes to make these divine minty version of everybody's favorite cookie,
makes about 20 cookies
- a box of Nabisco Famous Wafer cookies (or another thin crisp chocolate cookie)
- 12 oz white bark coating
- ¼ tsp oil based peppermint extract (water based flavoring can cause the chocolate to seize)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or shortening (optional) This thins the chocolate and makes for easier melting and dippi
- about 10 peppermint candies, or candy canes (crushed)
- Cut the white bark coating into small pieces and put in a microwave safe bowl along with the oil or shortening, if using.
- Microwave for 1 minute, then remove the bowl and stir. If the chocolate hasn't melted, microwave again in 15 second bursts, stirring in between.
- When the chocolate is completely melted, stir in the extract.
- Dip the cookies, one at a time, face down into the chocolate. Use a fork to gently flip it over and completely coat it. Lift the cookie out with the fork and tap off any excess coating. Set it down on waxed or parchment paper. Immediately sprinkle with crushed peppermint while the chocolate is wet.
- Note: Be gentle when you dip the cookies, they are very fragile.
- Allow the cookies to firm up before stacking or packaging.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island