Easy Roasted Rainbow Vegetables
The View From the Great Island
Easy Roasted Rainbow Vegetables ~ a beautiful and healthy side dish for the holidays, or every day meals. It's gluten free, Paleo, Whole 30, and delish!
- 1 red bell pepper cut in rings
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut in fat strips
- 5 blue or purple potatoes, scrubbed and cut in chunks
- 2 red beets, peeled and cut in small wedges
- 2 golden beets, peeled and cut into small wedges
- 0.5 small kabocha squash, cut in half, de-seeded, and then into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 cups small Brussels sprouts (cut larger ones in half)
- about 16 baby asparagus stalks
- 1 watermelon radish, sliced and cut in half moons
- several baby parsnips (peeled)
- 8-10 baby carrots (peeled)
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling, about 1/4 cup
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Set oven to 400F
- Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and toss to lightly coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer on two baking sheets. Put the denser vegetables like beets, carrots, and squash, on one sheet because you will want to cook them a little longer than the others. Arrange the rest on the second baking sheet. Sprinkle all with crushed red pepper flakes and oregano.
- Roast for about 30-40 minutes, rearranging or flipping the vegetables once or twice during cooking. Remove when the veggies are tender but not mushy.
- Serve right away.
- Note: if you want more browning on the vegetables, place them under the broiler for the last couple of minutes, but watch them carefully so they don't burn.