Easy Roasted Rainbow Vegetables
The View From the Great Island
Easy Roasted Rainbow Vegetables ~ a beautiful and healthy side dish for the holidays, or every day meals. It's gluten free, Paleo, Whole 30, and delish!
- 1 red bell pepper cut in rings
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut in fat strips
- 5 blue or purple potatoes, scrubbed and cut in chunks
- 2 red beets, peeled and cut in small wedges
- 2 golden beets, peeled and cut into small wedges
- ½ small kabocha squash, cut in half, de-seeded, and then into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 cups small Brussels sprouts (cut larger ones in half)
- about 16 baby asparagus stalks
- 1 watermelon radish, sliced and cut in half moons
- several baby parsnips (peeled)
- 8 baby carrots (peeled)
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling, about 1/4 cup
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Set oven to 400F
- Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and toss to lightly coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer on two baking sheets. Put the denser vegetables like beets, carrots, and squash, on one sheet because you will want to cook them a little longer than the others. Arrange the rest on the second baking sheet. Sprinkle all with crushed red pepper flakes and oregano.
- Roast for about 30-40 minutes, rearranging or flipping the vegetables once or twice during cooking. Remove when the veggies are tender but not mushy.
- Serve right away.
- Note: if you want more browning on the vegetables, place them under the broiler for the last couple of minutes, but watch them carefully so they don't burn.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island