Egg Baked In Avocado With Smoked Salmon, Capers And Dill
You’ll need to scoop out some of the avocado to create space for the egg. Mash the removed avocado with lime juice and salt to enjoy with crudité or as a sandwich spread.
- 8 tbsp avocado (but you need to start with 1 ripe but firm medium-size avocado)
- 2 oz smoked salmon
- 2 egg s (medium)
- 1 tbsp shallot s (uncooked, minced)
- 2 tsp capers
- 2 tsp dill (chopped)
- 1 pinch black pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a small baking dish with aluminum foil. Halve and pit avocado; cut a very thin slice off the bottom of each half so they sit flat. Scoop out 3 Tbsp flesh from each half, creating an indentation for the egg (you’ll have about 4 Tbsp avocado flesh remaining in each half). Place 1 oz salmon in each avocado half; crack an egg into each avocado half, slowly pouring whites so they don’t spill over.
- Bake until whites are set and yolk is done to your liking, 15-20 minutes. Top with shallot, capers, dill, and pepper; serve.
- Serving size: 1 avocado half
View the recipe instructions at www.weightwatchers.com