Eggless Mawa Cupcakes
Eggless Mawa cupcakes are rich and decadent. Add some nuts or tutti frutti to make these cupcakes extra special. Make these for Diwali or other festivals.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup Canola or Vegetable Oil*
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾~1 cup Mawa/ Khoya, grated or crumbled
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- ½ cup Tutti Frutti or Sliced Almonds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line standard cupcake pan with paper liners or lightly grease them with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oil and sugar until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in grated mawa and mix well.
- Next add the dry ingredients and mix till combined. Add whole milk and cream and mix until well combined. Finally stir in the tutti frutti or sliced almonds or both (if using), mix well to incorporate.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean, takes about 25~30 minutes. The tops of the cupcakes should be slightly browned. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool in the pan for 4~5 minutes, place them onto a cooling rack and let cool completely. Repeat the baking with any remaining batter.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout