Fall Spiced Cornbread
The View From the Great Island
Fall Spiced Cornbread is the perfect sidekick for all your fall soups, stews, and chilis!
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- Set oven to 375F
- spray a 10" cast iron skillet with cooking spray or butter it lightly.
- Whisk together the melted butter and the sugar in a bowl until well blended. Work out any lumps in the brown sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, and then the buttermilk and baking soda. Fold in the rest of the ingredients and mix until just blended, don't over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and even out. Bake for about 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry. Don't over bake!
- Let cool slightly, but serve warm.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island