Flourless Chocolate Brownies
The View From the Great Island
Flourless Chocolate Brownies are a serious chocolate dessert for serious chocolate lovers only!
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate (cut in pieces)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter,cut in large pieces
- 1.3333333333333 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp almond meal
- 5 eggs (beaten)
- 1 heaping cup toasted pecans*
- Set oven to 325F
- Put the chocolate and the butter in a microwavable bowl and heat for i minute. Take out and stir. If it is not completely melted, put it back for 30 seconds, and stir again. Let the heat of the mixture melt the remaining chocolate chunks. If necessary zap it again for 15 seconds.
- Add the sugar and almond meal to the eggs and blend.
- Add the eggs and stir well to incorporate the eggs completely.
- Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Fold in the nuts, then spread the mixture in a greased 8x12 pan. I used a pan with a removable bottom. If you don't have that size pan, use an 8x8 or 9x9 square baking pan and make a few cupcakes with the rest of the batter.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes. The top will be crackly and firm. You can use a toothpick, but don't worry if it comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it. (If you are using a smaller pan, check it carefully as the time will differ.)
- Cool on a rack before "cutting" ;)