Freezer Vegan Breakfast Burrito
Save time in the morning by grabbing a prepped Vegan Breakfast Burrito from the freezer! It's full of protein to keep you satisfied during busy mornings.
- 14 ounce extra-firm tofu (drained)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup potato (diced, any variety)
- 1 cup mushrooms (diced)
- 15 ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup salsa
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cups kale (or spinach, finely chopped)
- 8 whole-wheat or gluten-free tortillas
- To drain the tofu, wrap in several paper towels; place in the sink. Place a heavy object (such as a large pot with a heavy weight inside) on top of the tofu to press the water out. You can also use a tofu press. Let the tofu drain for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, add the onion. Cook for 5-7 minutes until they become translucent. Add garlic; cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add potato and mushrooms; stir. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until potato is fork tender. Crumble the tofu into small pieces and add to the pot; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add black beans, salsa, nutritional yeast, chili powder, cumin, salt, turmeric, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir to fully incorporate all ingredients; cook for 5 minutes. Add kale or spinach and stir; cook until wilted.
- Scoop some of the filling and place in the center of a tortilla. Fold in the edges, then roll up. Wrap in foil. Repeat for all tortillas.
- Store in the fridge or freezer. Defrost in the oven at 350F for 15 minutes or in the microwave.
View the recipe instructions at www.emilieeats.com