Recipe to make Bengali Cauliflower posto. Cauliflower simmered in spicy poppy seed gravy. Serve with rice or roti as side dish.
- 1 head Cauliflower (Medium of , cut into florets)
- ½ cup Green Peas
- 2 tsps Mustard Oil
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp seeds (Nigella)
- 2 ~ 3 Chilies (Green , slit)
- 10 tbsps Cashews water (, soaked in warm for minutes)
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- 10 tbsps Poppy Seeds water (, soaked in warm for minutes)
- ½ cinnamon (" stick)
- 2 tbsps yogurt (, whisked well)
- to taste Salt
- Steam or microwave cauliflower until fork tender.
- Drain the cashews, poppy seeds and grind them to a smooth paste along with the peppercorns and cinnamon stick.Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan; add the bay leaf, nigella seeds and green chilies. Saute for 1 minute. Next add the steamed cauliflower and cook for 3~4 minutes.
- Add the ground paste, green peas and cook until the flavors get a chance to mingle, about 4~5 minutes.
- Stir in the yogurt and season with salt. Sprinkle some water if the dish looks too dry. Cook covered for another 5 minutes. Serve with rice or roti.