Gluten Free Spiced Peach Crisp
The View From the Great Island
Gluten Free Spiced Peach Crisp ~ a fresh peach dessert made wtih warm gingerbread spices for a delicious twist on a classic!
- 7 peaches
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup rolled oats (regular or quick cooking is fine)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 6 tbsp cold unsalted butter ( cut in small pieces)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Peel your peaches and slice them into a bowl. Toss with the lemon juice and cornstarch and set aside.
- Put the topping ingredients into a bowl and mix it up with your hands, breaking apart the bits of cold butter with your fingers until the mixture has a coarse crumb texture.
- Spread the peaches into the bottom of an oval gratin dish (mine was 12 inches long.) Crumble the topping over them.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until bubbling and browned on top. Tent with foil toward the end of baking if the topping is getting too brown. Let cool 15 minuted before digging in.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island