Grapefruit Blossom Pot de Creme
The View From the Great Island
Grapefruit Blossom Pot de Creme is an easy, elegant dessert delicately infused with the essence of spring.
- a big handful of grapefruit blossom petals
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup fresh squeezed white grapefruit juice
- Put the cream and the blossoms into a heavy bottomed sauce pan and stir to combine. Heat on medium stirring occasionally, until the mixture just comes to a simmer. Turn off heat and let it cool to room temperature. Cover, put in the refrigerator, and leave overnight, making sure that the flowers are immersed in the cream.
- Strain the cream through a fine mesh sieve. Measure out 1 1/2 cups. (You'll have a bit leftover)
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a saucepan. Add the strained cream (1 1/2 cups) and the grapefruit juice.
- Heat on medium, stirring constantly, until the mixture just comes to a slight simmer and thickens. Don't boil.
- Pour the thickened mixture into small glasses or cups, you should have four servings.
- Refrigerate until fully chilled, or overnight.
- Garnish with a blossom or a twist of grapefruit zest if you like.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island