Healthy Sloppy Joes
You Totally Got This
Think a crusty roll, stuffed with lightly spiced beef, topped with melted cheese. This healthy Sloppy Joe recipe takes less than 30 minutes & is so yum!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 250 g beef mince
- 1 brown onion
- 1 green capsicum
- 2 portbello mushrooms
- 1 small zuchinni
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup Kidney beans
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 long crusty rolls
- 1 15 oz. can black beans (drained)
- handful of rocket (optional)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Finely dice the onion, capsicum and mushrooms and grate the zuchinni. Set aside.
- Heat the olive in a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Add the onion and capsicum and cook for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Next add the mince and cook until it has browned breaking up with a wooden spoon as you go. Drain any excess fat from the frying pan
- Place the frying pan back on heat and stir through the mushrooms, zucchini, kidney beans crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, or until any remaining liquid from the tomatoes has reduced.
- Put your oven grill on high. Slice the rolls down the middle (make sure you don’t cut all the way through) and place them cut side up on the baking tray. Spoon half the Sloppy Joe mixture into each roll and then sprinkle with grated cheese. Transfer the baking tray to the oven and grill for 2-5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with a handful of rocket, if using.
View the recipe instructions at You Totally Got This