HEARTY CHICKPEA NOODLE SOUP (VEGAN)
Healthy and hearty, this chickpea noodle soup is made in one pot, ready in 30 minutes, and delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or 1/4 cup water for water saute)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 carrots (large, peeled and diced)
- 3 ribs celery (sliced, some leaves ok)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cans Chickpeas (garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed)
- 12 ounces rotini pasta
- 10 cups water (or vegetable broth, or combo)
- ¼ cup parsley (fresh, chopped)
- salt (mineral)
- pepper (to taste)
- lemon wedges (to serve)
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat, add onion, carrots, celery and herbs, cook for 5 – 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chickpeas, pasta, and liquids to the pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a gentle simmer, and cook for 6 – 7 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Finally, stir in the chopped parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into individual bowls and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing. The lemon is highly recommended and will add a delicious spark of flavor, trust me! Add a little more fresh parsley to garnish.
- This soup is perfect with homemade Artisan Bread or Vegan Naan for dipping!
- Serves 4 generously, or 8 smaller portions.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 – 6 days. It’s also freezer friendly and can be kept for up to 2 – 3 months in the freezer.
View the recipe instructions at simple-veganista.com