Honey Buttermilk Roast Chicken
The View From the Great Island
Honey Buttermilk Roast Chicken is a mouth watering dish that takes very little effort to prepare.
- 1 chicken, cut into parts (about 3 lbs)
- olive oil for brushing
- 0.25 cup honey
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- handful minced rosemary (fresh)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- fresh rosemary
- Combine the chicken parts, the buttermilk, olive oil and honey in a large heavy duty zip lock bag. message to combine everything well and completely coat the chicken. Remove any excess air from the bag and zip tight. Refrigerate overnight.
- Set oven to 425F
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper or foil. shake off the excess marinade and arrange the chicken on the pan. Lightly brush to top of each piece with olive oil.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until the chicken is well colored and done through. During the last 10 minutes of cooking, baste each piece with honey, once or twice,.
- Serve garnished with fresh rosemary sprigs.