Honey Spice Hazelnut Cookies
The View From the Great Island
Honey Spice Hazelnut Cookies ~ these nutty, crunchy glazed cookies are a perfect way to ease into fall and holiday cookie baking season!
about 3 dozen cookies
- 12 tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 0.5 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 0.5 tsp ground allspice
- 0.5 tsp ground cloves
- 2 cups flour, plus a little extra for rolling dough
- 0.66666666666667 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tsp salt
- for the Glaze
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- hazelnut liqueur (e.g. Frangelico) to thin
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Beat butter, honey, sugar, and spices in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, or an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, chopped hazelnuts, and salt and continue to mix until the dough comes together.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until about 1/4-1/2 inch thick
- Cut out cookies (I used a small cup about 2.5 inches in diameter), and bake on a baking sheet (I lined mine with parchment paper) for about 10 minutes, they should be lightly golden on the bottom and will firm up as they cool.
- Cool on a rack.
- For the glaze
- Thin the powdered sugar with the liqueur until it is a pourable consistency by adding a little bit liqueur at a time to the sugar and whisking until smooth. Drizzle over the fully cooled cookies and let the glaze harden before stacking.