Honey Spice Hazelnut Cookies
The View From the Great Island
Honey Spice Hazelnut Cookies ~ these nutty, crunchy glazed cookies are a perfect way to ease into fall and holiday cookie baking season!
about 3 dozen cookies
- 12 tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 2 cups flour, plus a little extra for rolling dough
- ⅔ cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tsp salt
- for the Glaze
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- hazelnut liqueur (e.g. Frangelico) to thin
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Beat butter, honey, sugar, and spices in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, or an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, chopped hazelnuts, and salt and continue to mix until the dough comes together.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until about 1/4-1/2 inch thick
- Cut out cookies (I used a small cup about 2.5 inches in diameter), and bake on a baking sheet (I lined mine with parchment paper) for about 10 minutes, they should be lightly golden on the bottom and will firm up as they cool.
- Cool on a rack.
- For the glaze
- Thin the powdered sugar with the liqueur until it is a pourable consistency by adding a little bit liqueur at a time to the sugar and whisking until smooth. Drizzle over the fully cooled cookies and let the glaze harden before stacking.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island