How To Cook Quinoa
How to cook perfect quinoa tutorial with soaking tips, a step-by-step guide, and an instructional video to help you get fluffy, tender quinoa every time.
- 1 cup sprouted quinoa (or soaked quinoa *))
- 1¾ cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch curry powder (optional)
- If using sprouted quinoa, add quinoa to a small saucepan and toast over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, being careful not to burn. If using quinoa that\'s not sprouted and you\'d like soaking instructions, see notes*. Otherwise, proceed to step 2.
- Then add salt, curry powder (optional), and water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Be sure the quinoa isn\'t boiling, but cooking at a gentle simmer.
- Set aside off heat, uncovered, to cool - at least 10 minutes. Then it\'s perfect for use in things like salads, bowls, falafel, spring rolls, veggie burgers, stir-fries, and more!
- Store cooled leftovers in the refrigerator up to 5-6 days, or in the freezer up to 1 month.
View the recipe instructions at minimalistbaker.com