I Want to Marry You Cookie Dough Bars
The View From the Great Island
Easy raw cookie dough bars full of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, oats, and pecans.
- 0.5 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 0.75 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 0.5 cup peanut butter chips
- 0.5 cup chopped pecans
- 1 bag (11-12oz) dark chocolate chips
- Cream the butter with the brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the oats, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Add the flour and the condensed milk alternately with each other, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Don't drain the can of condensed milk to the last drop, you may not need quite all of it.
- Fold in the chips and the nuts until well combined.
- Spread the thick dough into a 9x9 square baking pan that had been lightly sprayed. I line mine with parchment with long ends so I can lift it out after it's chilled for easy cutting. Spread the dough flat and even
- Chill until firm, about 3 hours.
- To make the topping put the chocolate chips in a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup or other microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, and then stir until completely melted and smooth. Zap for another 10-15 seconds if necessary. Let cool slightly.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the dough and spread out evenly. Put back in the fridge until firm, about an hour.
- Slice the dough into small squares with a sharp knife. I let the pan sit out for a few minutes so the chocolate topping has a chance to soften a bit. Keep chilled.