Indian Stuffed Eggplant
Indian Stuffed Eggplant is bursting with flavor from herbs and spices! This healthy recipe takes eggplant and transforms it into a delicious side dish.
- for the stuffing:
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon dried currants
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts (chopped fine)
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil ((or avocado, extra virgin olive oil, etc.))
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- for Assembly:
- 4 baby Chinese eggplants
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- In a small bowl combine all of the stuffing ingredients. Mix and set aside.
- Cut a slit in each eggplant lengthwise. Make each slit deep in order to fill with stuffing, but take care not to pierce the back of the eggplant. Fill each eggplant with 1/4 of the stuffing mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Once the pan has preheated, add in the eggplant. Cook for ten minutes and then flip the eggplants one quarter turn. Repeat, cooking each of the four sides for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
View the recipe instructions at Catching Seeds