Super easy, quick, one-dish meal is what this Instant pot chicken stew recipe is all about. Loaded with vegetables along with hearty potatoes its a perfect meal that can be made in instant pot or
1½ lb chicken (preferably with skin on (about 5-6 pieces, thighs and leg pieces are best))
2 onions (chopped)
2 to matoes (chopped)
1 lb baby potatoes (halved)
3 carrots (cut into ½ inch pieces)
3 celery stalks (cut into chunks)
5 cloves garlic (minced)
salt and pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
few sprigs of rosemary
? cup white wine (optional)
2 teaspoon Worscestershire sauce
2 cups of chicken stock
2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
? cup flour (for gluten free option use – corn starch, rice flour or arrow root flour)
1. Add chicken pieces (thighs and legs with skin on) into the pot along with onions, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, celery stalks, garlic, salt and pepper, bay leaf, rosemary leaves, worscestershire sauce and little chicken stock or water into the pot.
2. Put the lid on and make sure the pressure valve is in sealing position. Use manual setting and adjust timer to 10 minutes. Remember instant pot will take time to build pressure, about 20 minutes. Only after that the cooking timer will start.
3. Once cooking time is over, allow instant pot to sit for 10 minutes (Natural pressure release).
4. Turn pressure valve to venting position to release any pressure left in the pot.
5. Open the lid.
6. Stir in red wine vinegar. In a small bowl whisk flour with water. Pour into the pot.
7. Select saute setting and let stew simmer for 3-4 minutes more or until it thickens. Remember chicken stew will thicken as it cools down.
8. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve it with crusty warm bread.
Ready to get your FREE recipes & meal plans?
Build your unique taste profile to instantly receive recipes matched to your tastes.