Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
Salt & Lavender
This Instant Pot hamburger soup is easy and flavorful! It's a healthier comfort food that uses simple everyday ingredients.
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium onion (chopped)
- 2 sticks celery (chopped)
- 1 pound extra lean (95% lean) ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 heaping tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28 fluid ounce) can diced tomatoes (with juices)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 large russet potatoes (diced)
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper (to taste )
- Add the olive oil, onion, and celery to your Instant Pot. Press the sauté button and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir beef and garlic. Cook until the beef has browned, stirring occasionally (about 5 minutes). You shouldn't need to drain much fat if you're using extra lean ground beef, but feel free to drain some/most of it if desired (I didn't drain any).
- Stir in the tomato paste, then add in the diced tomatoes, beef broth, potatoes, and Italian seasoning.
- Close the lid, make sure the valve is on "sealing", and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once the countdown has finished, carefully do a quick pressure release.
- Season with salt & pepper as needed and serve immediately.
View the recipe instructions at Salt & Lavender