Instant Pot Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
The View From the Great Island
Instant Pot Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce ~ fork tender pork chops cook up in no time in the pressure cooker ~ it's instant comfort food gratification!
- 2 lbs center cut pork loin chops, bone in or out
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 large shallot
- 0.5 cup Marsala wine
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- a bundle of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.75 lb button mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 0.5 cup heavy cream
- 3-4 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 0.5 cup of the reduced broth from the pressure cooker
- Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Put a tablespoon of oil into the Instant Pot and press Sauté. When it gets nice and hot, brown the chops for several minutes on each side to get a nice caramelization going. Work in batches so you don't crowd the pan. Remove and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pot and add the shallots, stir for a minute or two to soften. Add the Marsala and let it bubble while you scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Press Off. Stir in the chicken broth, then layer the chops back into the pot. Add the bundle of fresh thyme. Close the lid, set the vent to Seal. Press the Meat/Stew button, which will pressure cook for 35 minutes.
- In the meantime cook the mushrooms in the butter and olive oil in a large skillet until they release their moisture and start to brown. Add the heavy cream, mustard, and the thyme leaves.
- When the machine beeps, press Keep Warm. Let it sit for 10 minutes, then press Off.
- Release the vent and wait for the pressure to come down. Then open the lid and remove the chops to a plate. Strain the liquid into a saucepan and bring to a rapid boil. Boil the liquid until is is reduced by 2/3. Add about 1/2 cup of the reduced sauce to the skillet and bring the sauce up to a gentle simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Nestle the pork chops down into the sauce in the skillet. Spoon some of the sauce and mushrooms over the meat, and heat everything through.
- Serve sprinkled with a little fresh thyme.