Jelly Doughnut Bundt Cake
The View From the Great Island
My Jelly Doughnut Bundt Cake is jelly doughnut meets bundt cake for a unique morning or mid-day treat. This comforting cake begs for a cup of coffee or tea.
- dry ingredients
- 2 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp salt
- wet ingredients
- 1.6666666666667 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- approximately 7 ounces (about 1/2 cup) of good jam
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 0.25 cup sugar
- Set oven to 350F
- Generously butter and flour your bundt pan, making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies. Don't skip this step!
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a another bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until just combined, don't over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Add small dollops of jam to the center of the batter, all around the cake. Take a long skewer or chopstick and gently pull it through the jam, just to break up the blobs a little bit. Don't swirl too much.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it. Set the pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto a plate. Brush with the melted butter, and sprinkle very generously all over with the sugar. I like to cup the sugar in my palms to get it to cling to the side of the cake. The more sugar you can get on the outside, the better.