Lentil Bolognese With Sweet Potato Spaghetti
If you’re looking to reduce your carb intake, invest in a spiraliser – they’re not expensive! A quick and easy way to create vegetable spaghetti, it works on everything from sweet potatoes to courgettes.
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 spray cooking spray (calorie controlled)
- 2 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 red onion s (small, finely chopped)
- 1 stick celery (raw finely chopped)
- 1 carrots (medium, raw finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoons Coriander seeds (crushed)
- ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon (level)
- 200 g green lentils (or brown, cooked)
- 1 can(s), large Tinned Tomatoes
- 1 cube vegetable stock cube (made with 1000 ml hot water)
- 1 sprig fresh parsley (fresh roughly chopped)
- 450 g sweet Potato (es, raw peeled and spiralised)
- Add cooking spray to a large pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, celery, carrot and spices, and cook for 5 minutes until just softened.
- Add the lentils, chopped tomatoes and stock and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook on a gentle heat for 40 minutes until the liquid has reduced and the lentils are tender, but retain their shape. If they need extra cooking time, top up with water and continue cooking. Season well and stir in the parsley.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and fry the sweet potato spirals until cooked and tender. You may need to do this in batches.
- Divide the sweet potato between plates and top with the lentil Bolognese. Serve seasoned with freshly ground black pepper.
View the recipe instructions at www.weightwatchers.com