Maple Glazed Pumpkin Bread
The View From the Great Island
Maple Glazed Pumpkin Bread ~ this easy pumpkin cake works as a fall breakfast treat or a holiday dessert, and I guarantee it'll be a bake sale best seller!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- maple glaze
- 1½ cups confectioner's sugar,
- 4 tbsp maple syrup (more or less)
- ¼ tsp maple extract (optional)
- Set oven to 350F
- Spray a non-stick standard loaf pan with cooking spray. I like to line the pan with a sheet of parchment paper with long ends...this way I can lift the loaf out for glazing and neat slicing.
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and spices.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Turn the batter into the pan and even out.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out without wet batter clinging to it, about 50 minutes.
- Let the loaf cool almost to room temperature before glazing.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the sugar with enough maple syrup to make a thick, spreadable glaze. Keep whisking until all the little lumps are dissolved. Whisk in the extract, if using. Spread thickly onto the cooled bread.