Maple Glazed Pumpkin Bread
The View From the Great Island
Maple Glazed Pumpkin Bread ~ this easy pumpkin cake works as a fall breakfast treat or a holiday dessert, and I guarantee it'll be a bake sale best seller!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- maple glaze
- 1½ cups confectioner's sugar,
- 4 tbsp maple syrup (more or less)
- ¼ tsp maple extract (optional)
- Set oven to 350F
- Spray a non-stick standard loaf pan with cooking spray. I like to line the pan with a sheet of parchment paper with long ends...this way I can lift the loaf out for glazing and neat slicing.
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and spices.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Turn the batter into the pan and even out.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out without wet batter clinging to it, about 50 minutes.
- Let the loaf cool almost to room temperature before glazing.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the sugar with enough maple syrup to make a thick, spreadable glaze. Keep whisking until all the little lumps are dissolved. Whisk in the extract, if using. Spread thickly onto the cooled bread.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island