Marbled Pumpkin Bundt Cake
The View From the Great Island
Marbled Pumpkin Bundt Cake is a moist tender cake swirled with dark chocolate and topped with a thick bittersweet ganache.
- wet ingredients
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 0.5 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 0.25 tsp each of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice and ginger
- dry ingredients
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- for chocolate batter
- 1 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 0.5 cup bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips (melted)
- 0.66666666666667 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- set oven to 350F
- Spray a nonstick bundt pan lightly with cooking spray and dust it lightly with flour.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a mixing bowl, making sure the eggs are well beaten, and set aside.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together and make sure the baking soda is well distributed and not lumpy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing just until everything is completely combined. Remove 1 cup of the batter to a small bowl, and add the cocoa powder and the melted chocolate. Mix well.
- Spoon the two batters alternately into the budnt pan. Don't worry about getting it completely even. When all the batter is in the pan, take a chopstick or other thin implement and swirl the two batters together.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until the top springs back when lightly touched and a toothpick comes out with out wet batter clinging to it. The cooking time will vary depending on your particular bundt pan and your oven. My cake took just over 30 minutes. Check on the early side.
- Let the cake cool on a rack for 15 minutes, then loosen the edges and invert.
- To make the ganache, heat the cream until it just comes to a simmer. Take off the stove and add the chocolate. Let sit for 5 minutes without disturbing. Then stir until everything is thick and glossy and all the chocolate has melted.
- Spoon, pour, or drizzle over the cake.