Marinated Feta with Grapefruit and Rosemary
The View From the Great Island
Grapefruit and Rosemary Marinated Feta Cheese
- 8 oz feta cheese (in block form)
- the zest of one white grapefruit, finely shredded (wash the grapefruit first)
- 4 tbsp fresh squeezed white grapefruit juice (about 1/2 a grapefruit)
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- several sprigs fresh rosemary
- olive oil ((divided))
- Carefully cut the block of feta cheese into 1/2 inch cubes. I didn't use the entire block of cheese because it did not fit in my jar.
- Layer the cheese into one large or two smaller glass jars, adding the rosemary, peppercorns, and zest in between.
- Pour the grapefruit juice in, and then fill the jar(s) with olive oil.
- Cap tightly and store in the refrigerator.
- I turned my jar upside down once or twice a day to distribute the grapefruit juice.
- Give the cheese a few days to take on the flavors. The longer you leave it the stronger the flavor will be. Consume it within a month.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island