Meat Feast Pasta
Meaty, filling, packed with flavour – this pasta feast ticks all the boxes!
- 500 g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 2 peppers (red and yellow if possible ), deseeded and cut into small chunks)
- 2 onions (large, roughly chopped)
- low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 carrot (medium, roughly chopped)
- 1 celery stick (roughly chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (large)
- 250 g closed-cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 227 g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 beef stock cubes (crumbled)
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp marmite
- 1 heaped tsp dried oregano
- pack fresh basil (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 400 g dried strozzapreti (or other pasta shapes)
- 100 g Plain Quark
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Using clean hands, break up the beef mince and spread out in a large non-stick baking tray. Add the peppers and half of the onions and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Mix well and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the carrot, celery, garlic, half of the mushrooms and the remaining onion in a food processor and blitz well.
- Add the blitzed veg to the baking tray along with the chopped tomatoes, stock cubes, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce, Marmite, herbs, chilli flakes and remaining mushrooms. Pour in 500ml boiling water, stir well and cook for 30 minutes, stirring halfway.
- About 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions and drain well.
- Stir the quark through the beef and vegetables, then stir through the pasta and season to taste. Serve hot with a green salad.
View the recipe instructions at www.slimmingworld.co.uk