Mini Chocolate Pecan Pies
- ½ cup butter (challenge)
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup (or dark)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbls butter (melted)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Pecans (chopped, + 12 pecan halves)
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Mix in flour and salt until dough forms.
- Place dough on plastic wrap and form a log shape.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, egg, and butter in a large mixing bowl and beat until well combined.
- Mix in salt and vanilla.
- Stir in chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Remove crust from refrigerator. Cut the log in half, and then each half into halves again so you have four sections. Slice each section into three equal parts so you have a total of 12 individual crusts.
- Press crusts into muffin tin working crust up the side of each well.
- Divide filling mixture evenly among the twelve pies. Top with a pecan half.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crusts are golden brown.
- Let cool for at least ten minutes before removing from pan. Slide a knife down the outside of a pie and lift gently to remove.
View the recipe instructions at www.momontimeout.com