Motabel (Smokey Eggplant & Tahini dip)
Motabel/ Moutabel is almost like Baba ghanoush with smokey roasted eggplant as the main ingredient. Enjoy with some pita chips and crudite.
- 1 eggplant (- small)
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove Olive (- mashed)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 green Chili (- chopped)
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- Roast the eggplant on the stove or in the oven (@ 400°F for 30~40 minutes)
- Put the roasted eggplant in a bowl and cover it. Leave it aside for 10~15 minutes. Then remove the charred skin and chop or mash the flesh.
- In a blender, combine garlic, tahini and chili. Blend to make a coarse paste. Next add the mashed/ chopped eggplant and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in lemon juice and drizzle from olive oil on top. Serve as dip for veggies and chips, or with pita bread.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout