Muhamarra (roasted red pepper & walnut dip)
The View From the Great Island
Muhammara (roasted red pepper & walnut dip) ~ Muhammara isn't quite as well known as its sisters hummus and baba ganoush, but it's equally amazing and versatile, and If you love Middle Eastern dips, this easy vegan spread has to go on your must make list.
serves 6 as a dip
- 8 ounces roasted red pepper
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cayenne powder (more for more heat)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (use sweet for less heat)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups walnut halves
- ⅔ cup bread crumbs
- Process the red peppers, olive oil, molasses, spices, and salt in a food processor until smooth.
- Pulse in the nuts and crumbs ~ pulse just enough to combine, but preserve a little texture.
- Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with chopped walnuts and thyme leaves. Serve with pita triangles, pita chips, or cut veggies for dipping.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island