Recipe video above. An incredible way to use mushrooms in a meal - in a mushroom pasta! The tastiness of this pasta lies in the mushrooms you use because it's all about the mushrooms. This pasta is made the proper Italian way so even though it's only made with 6 ingredients, it's saucy and juicy and so incredibly tasty!
- 200 g Short Pasta (like orecchiette, penne, macaroni)
- 160 g pasta (long, spaghetti, fettucine)
- 400 g mushrooms (sliced 1/2 cm / 1/5" thick)
- 50 g unsalted butter (separated)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated, or 1/4 cup store bought grated)
- parsley (finely chopped)
- Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta into the pot when you start cooking the mushrooms.
- Cook pasta per packet instructions minus 1 minute. RESERVE 1 mugful of pasta cooking liquid, then drain pasta.
- Melt half butter and all oil in a large skillet over heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook until water has leeched then evaporated, and the mushrooms start to turn golden around edges - around 5 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking, add salt & pepper.
- Add garlic and remaining butter, cook for 2 minutes until mushrooms and garlic are golden.
- Add pasta, about 3/4 cup of reserved pasta water and parmesan. Toss gently or until water reduces and thickens into a saucy glaze that coats the pasta. If the pasta dries out, add more pasta water.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove from stove and serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.
View the recipe instructions at www.recipetineats.com