Old Fashioned Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Seasoned Mom
These classic old-fashioned Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are a family recipe that has been passed down for generations. Made with just a few pantry staples, you can whip up a batch of the easy, homemade treats whenever a craving strikes -- and then share them with your loved ones!
- 2 sticks ((1 cup) salted butter, softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup oats
- ? cup chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- ? teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together butter and powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla and oats. Gradually mix in flour and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 25 minutes.