Dairy-Free Olive Oil Orange Cake
A simple and delicious dairy-free Olive Oil Orange Cake is light and fluffy with a strong orange flavor. Great make-ahead winter dessert!
- 3 eggs ((beaten))
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 small organic oranges
- ⅔ cup olive oil ((divided))
- 1½ cup flour
- 2 baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- confectioner sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F (vent oven 160° / 320°F).
- In a large bowl, crack eggs (discard shelves), add granulated sugar and with an electric mixer mix about 8 minutes, until the eggs and sugar are thoroughly combined in a light and fluffy foamy mix.
- While the eggs are being beaten, grate orange zest and squeeze juice. Add both to foamy egg mixture, then add also olive oil and mix another minute to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Sift on egg mixture and fold in gently with a spatula by hand.
- Cover the bottom of a round baking tin (fi 22 cm / 8-9 inches) with baking paper, and grease the sides with a bit of oil, then dust lightly with flour to prevent sticking. Pour dough into baking tin and place in preheated oven to bake for about 35-40 minutes. Check with toothpick when your cake is baked.
- Remove baked cake from oven, take out of the baking tin and place on a rack to cool down. Once cooled, dust with confectioners sugar to decorate and serve.
- 6. Ohlajen kolač posuj s sladkorjem v prahu in postrezi.
View the recipe instructions at Vibrant Plates