One Bowl Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
The Honey Blonde
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup oil (vegetable or canola)
- 2 eggs ((beaten))
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp coffee extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin tin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Pour in milk, oil, eggs, and extracts. Mix until the flour is just barely combined, just until that last dry bit of flour has been incorporated.
- Pour about 3 tbsp of batter into each muffin tin so that they are 2/3rds of the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out almost clean. Its okay if there are a couple crumbs on it.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes before frosting.