Paleo Breakfast Bread
The View From the Great Island
This quick and easy Paleo Fruit and Nut Bread is grain, sugar, and dairy free. It's also amazingly versatile, and fabulous toasted!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup melted unrefined coconut oil
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flax seeds (whole)
- 2 cups rough chopped nuts (I used almonds, pecans, pistachios, walnuts, and hazelnuts.)
- 2 cups rough chopped dried fruits (I used apricots, figs, cranberries, dates, pineapple, and blueberries.)
- Set oven to 350F
- Lightly spray a standard loaf pan. I like to line it with a sheet of parchment so I can lift the bread out for slicing.
- Mash the two bananas really well. I actually did this in my small food processor to get a smooth result. Put them into a large mixing bowl and whisk in the eggs and coconut oil really well.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt and blend well.
- Fold in the fruits, nuts, and seeds and blend until everything is well distributed.
- Turn into the loaf pan and spread out the dough evenly, and into the corners.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until starting to turn golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry. This bread does not rise, so it will still be flat. The exact cooking time will depend somewhat on the exact dimensions of your loaf pan, as even 'standard' ones can vary.
- Let the bread cool completely before slicing. I like to wrap it well and refrigerate overnight before slicing, but that's optional.