Paleo Chocolate Almond Cookies
Paleo Chocolate Almond Cookies are made with healthy whole food ingredients and have the flavor and texture of a fudgy brownie! Vegan and gluten free too!
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 0.5 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flax seed meal mixed with 6 tablespoons water and set aside for 15 minutes to thicken)
- 0.33333333333333 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or grease it with nonstick spray.
- Add the almond butter, coconut sugar, vanilla, and flax eggs to a bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cacao, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the wet ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Place the chopped almonds in a small shallow bowl. Scoop 1 tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a ball then flatten it into a disk. Press each side of the cookie into the almonds and then place on the cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve.