Panettone Slice and Bake Cookies
The Honey Blonde
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp orange zest (approx. one orange)
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 cup Raisins
- 0.25 cup dried cranberries
- 0.25 cup dried Apricots (chopped)
- 0.25 cup dried cherries
- In large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg, vanilla, and orange zest and mix together until combined. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Slowly mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture until all the flour is just barely incorporated. Fold the dried fruits into the dough. Spread out a sheet of plastic wrap or parchment paper.
Turn dough out onto plastic wrap and form a log about 1 foot long. Completely cover with wrap and place in the freezer. Allow to freeze for at least 30 minutes or up to several days.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the cookie dough log into 1/2" inch slices. Place the slices on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or just slightly brown around the edges. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.