Peanut Butter Brownies
Dinner at the Zoo
These layered peanut butter brownies are a rich chocolate base topped with peanut butter frosting and fudge. A dessert that looks fancy but is actually super easy to make. If you're into peanut butter cups, you will adore these decadent brownies!
- 1 box brownie mix (family size, around 18-20 ounces)
- eggs, oil and water as called for on brownie mix box
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 tablespoons butter (softened, divided use)
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 2 teaspoons milk, cream or water
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup chocolate sprinkles
- Line a 9"x9" or 9"x13" pan with foil, leaving an overhang on the sides. Coat with cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix with the eggs, oil and water as called for on the package. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Let the brownies cool completely.
- In a medium bowl with a mixer, beat 8 tablespoons of the butter until fluffy. Add the peanut butter powdered sugar and milk. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture evenly over the brownies.
- Place the chocolate chips and remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Stir until smooth. Let the chocolate sit for 5 minutes at room temperature or until it's lukewarm.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter layer. Quickly add the sprinkles on top. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Use the foil overhang to lift the brownies out of the pan. Cut into squares and serve.