Peanut Butter Cookie S’mores
The View From the Great Island
Peanut Butter Cookie S'mores ~ a better version of the classic s'more made with soft and chewy peanut butter cookies. This beloved summer dessert just got a much needed upgrade!
makes approximately 2 dozen s'mores
- 0.5 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 0.5 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 cup peanut butter
- dry ingredients
- 1.25 cups all-purpose flour
- 0.75 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp salt
- Set the oven to 350F
- Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Beat in the egg, and the vanilla, and then mix in the peanut butter.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together and fold into the wet. Don't over mix.
- Use a 1 1/4 inch scoop to form balls of dough, and place on an un greased cookie sheet. Use the back of a fork to flatten the dough slightly and make cross hatch marks. If your fork sticks to the dough, dip it lightly in water first.
- Bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes, and then let cool on the pan slightly before transferring to a rack.
- Make your s'mores as usual.