Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Honey Blonde
Peanut butter and pretzels. Chocolate and pretzels. Peanut butter and chocolate. All wonderful combinations on their own. So what could be bad about a cookie that combines all of them!? Give them a try and you’ll soon find out.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour (divided)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup pretzels
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl, or bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
Then add in the egg, egg yolk, and extract and mix until combined. Add in flour mixture, and mix until combined. Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, pretzels, and 1/2 cup of flour and mix until flour is just barely combined.
Dump the dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap, flatten into a disk, then wrap and chill for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once dough has chilled, form into 1 tbsp balls of our dough.
Place balls on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown, but the center of the cookies are still soft. Let sit on the baking sheet for 5 minute, then remove and let cool on a cooling rack.
View the recipe instructions at The Honey Blonde