Peanut Butter Snack Cake with Chocolate Ganache
The View From the Great Island
Peanut Butter Snack Cake with Bittersweet Ganache ~ a moist dense peanut butter cake topped off with the most decadent chocolate frosting imaginable...
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- chocolate ganache frosting
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 heaping cup dark chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350F
- Spray a 9x9 baking pan lightly with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl blend together the butter, peanut butter, and boiling water until it is completely combined and smooth. (The butter will melt and the mixture will be thin)
- Beat in the egg, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, sugar, and baking soda and mix until well combined, but don't over-beat.
- Spread into the pan and bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out withut wet batter on it.
- Cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, heat the cream in a saucepan just until it comes to a boil. Take the pan off the heat and add the chocolate. Let it sit for a few minutes, then gently stir until all the chocolate has melted and it is smooth and glossy .
- Let the ganache cool a little so it thickens slightly. I stirred it every few minutes, and when it had thickened a bit I poured it over the cake.
- Refrigerate the cake until the ganache has set.