Pecan Praline Cookies
The View From the Great Island
Pecan Praline Cookies ~ irresistible chewy brown sugar cookies topped with a layer of caramel pecan praline ~ you won't be able to keep your hands off them!
- 0.5 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1.5 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2.25 cups all purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp salt
- praline frosting
- 0.66666666666667 cup heavy cream
- 0.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1.3333333333333 cups confectioner's sugar,
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Set oven to 350F
- Line a heavy duty baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Toss the flour, soda, and salt together to blend well, and then add to the butter mixture, beating just until the dough comes together and everything is well incorporated.
- Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop to scoop out the dough onto the baking sheet. Space the cookies 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes (mine took exactly 11 minutes.) Cool the cookies for a few minutes on the pan so they can set, and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make the frosting put the cream and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Break up any lumps in the brown sugar while you stir. Once it comes to a boil, boil for 2 minutes (set the timer.)
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the confectioner's sugar until smooth.
- Let the praline cool a little bit so it thickens up, and then spread onto the cookies. Note: if your praline is very thin, beat in more sifted confectioner's sugar.
- Top right away with the chopped nuts. The praline will harden as it cools.