Persian Mixed Herb Frittata (Kuku Sabzi)
The View From the Great Island
This Persian Mixed Herb Frittata (Kuku Sabzi) is a bright and healthy way to start the day!
- 6 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp flour
- handful of parsley (chopped)
- handful of cilantro
- handful of dill
- handful of mint (chopped)
- handful of chives, chopped or snipped
- 6 or 7 scallions (sliced)
- 1 leek (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp butter (or olive oil)
- set oven to 400F
- Beat the eggs with the flour and spices. Mix in the herbs, scallions and leeks.
- Heat the butter or oil in a cast iron pan. Pour in the egg mixture and spread out evenly.
- Cook for a few minutes on medium heat until the edges start to set.
- Put the pan in the oven for about 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.