Pineapple Banana Bread
The View From the Great Island
Pineapple Banana Bread ~ ripe bananas, crushed pineapple, and shredded coconut make for a dreamy cake, ~ don't forget that sweet/tangy pineapple glaze!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds (optional)
- 1 ripe banana,
- ½ cup well drained crushed pineapple (reserve the juice!)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- reserved pineapple juice
- Set oven to 350F
- Cream the butter and the sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer, or do it with electric beaters. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then the extract and poppy seeds.
- Blend in the drained pineapple, the mashed banana, and the coconut.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and just mix on low speed until everything is blended.
- Spray or lightly butter a standard loaf pan and line it with parchment paper with long overhanging ends (this is optional) so you can lift it out for glazing.
- Spread the batter evenly into the pan and rap it against the counter once or twice to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for about 65-70 minutes, until risen, golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it.
- Cool on a rack before glazing.
- To make the glaze, mix the confectioner's sugar with enough of the reserved pineapple juice to make a spreadable glaze.,