Pistachio Shortbread Cookies
The View From the Great Island
Pistachio Shortbread Cookies ~ a buttery shortbread slice and bake cookie recipe loaded with fresh pistachios! These easy cookies melt in your mouth!
- 2 sticks, (1 cup) unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup whole pistachios
- Cream the butter and the sugar together.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour and cornstarch. Blend them into the butter and sugar, until it forms a dough.
- Stir in the pistachios and make sure you get them well distributed in the dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap and form it into a log, about 9 or 10 inches long. Wrap it in the plastic and smooth it into a uniform smooth shape, twisting the ends to secure.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Set oven to 350F
- Slice the dough into 1/4 - 1/3 inch slices and place on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Thinner slices will bake up crispier, and thicker ones will be more buttery and soft.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, maybe a little longer for thicker cookies. The cookies will still be pale and soft, but will firm up as they cool.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then cool completely on a rack.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island