Poached Halibut Salad with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
The View From the Great Island
Poached Halibut Salad with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette. The simple idea of poached fish with fresh salad greens is the perfect way to get a spring-ish vibe going in your kitchen. It's healthy, gluten free, Paleo, Whole 30 and delicious!
- 2 small halibut fillets
- 2 handfuls baby arugula or other baby lettuce
- 1 handful mache lettuce
- 4 radishes
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- pansies or other edible flower
- meyer lemon vinaigrette
- 1 juice of Meyer lemon
- equal amount olive oil
- 0.25 tsp mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a saucepan of well salted water, deep enough to cover the fish, to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and gently place the fish in the pan. Let them simmer for 5 minutes, or until opaque throughout. Turn off the heat, cover, and set aside while you assemble the salad.
- Add a base of greens to two bowls. Add the rest of the ingredients over top. When ready to eat, place the fish in the bowl, to one side. Give the salads a few grinds of fresh pepper, and, if you're using the edible flowers, garnish at the last minute.
- Whisk together the dressing and add more lemon if you like it more tart. Serve the dressing on the side for drizzling.